Castel Monastero Tuscany
Tucked away in the middle of the Tuscan Countryside, Castel Monastero is an 11th century village that has been carefully restored and transformed into a stunning country retreat. Set on a hilltop among vineyards and olive groves, close to Siena and not far from Florence, Castel Monastero is the perfect starting point to explore Tuscany and its world-famous Chianti region. Back at the hotel, guests can sample the best Tuscan cuisine and wines in La Cantina, a restaurant based in an authentic 13th century wine cellar or enjoy a fine dining experience at La Contrada which serves contemporary Italian cuisine, interpreted by world-famous Chef Gordon Ramsay. The 1000 sq.m spa offers several indoor pools and a wide range of relaxing and revitalizing treatments. Aside from culinary heaven and spa time, guests can enjoy walks through the spectacular Tuscan countryside or take a helicopter ride and discover Tuscany from above.
Hotel and Facilities
- 75 rooms and suites
- Medieval Piazza for al fresco dining
- Wine Cellar restaurant "La Cantina"
- Gourmet restaurant "La Contrada" by Gordon Ramsay
- Bar with courtyard terrace
- Meeting room with daylight for up to 150 delegates and several break out rooms
- Garden area with three outdoor pools
- Gym and tennis court
- 1000 sqm spa with two indoor pools and thalasso therapy
- Wellness treatments and sauna, steam bath, tea bar and private spa suite
- Cooking classes
- Church for weddings and private celebrations
Things to do around
- Explore tuscany by bike, with vintage cars or vespas
- Winery visits and wine tasting at some of the most famous Chianti wine cellars
- Visit Florence with its numerous museums and galleries
- Visit Siena and the famous horse race " The Palio"
- Visit Montalcino, Montepulciano and San Gimignano
- Go truffle hunting ( seasonal)
- Explore Tuscany from above by helicopter or balloon ride
- Visit the fashion outlet " The Mall"
- High level events with up to 150 participants
- Press events
- Car events and driving experiences
- Exclusive use
- Board meetings, strategy meetings or creative get-aways
- Gourmet and cultural travel
- Private celebrations